Wednesday, September 23, 2009

So many messes, so little time

Grandma used to have a Pennyslvania Dutch saying on the wall that said:

"The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get."


Hmmmmm, I think there's something to that.....
Canning season seems to find me scurrying, rummaging, and tossing herbs and spices about, which leads to even more rummaging.


Heidi's Living Lovely challenge this week is to reclaim an area of the house,
with before and after pictures.

There's so many areas to choose from, I chose the smaller, more managable one.
I always use the grocery ads to line the shelves in the pantry.
When i clean and change them, i can compare to the current prices.
What's this on the last one? Bread 29 cents? Just kidding, Mom : )

Sorry for the fuzziness of these pix. Jim is researching our health care optometry coverage
as I speak. My eyesight is not so hot these days, guess i need to switch from manual to autofocus for a while.

Not necessarily pretty, but functional.




I've always thought of a wall of home canned stuff as a thing of beauty. It reminds me of a stained glass window.




reflecting




the bountiful blessings
of
God

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails