Sunday, September 27, 2009

Heart's desire

This picture was taken earlier this month at my parent's place.




As the deer panteth for the water

So my soul longeth after Thee

You alone are my heart's desire

And I long to worship Thee




You alone are my strength, my shield

To you alone may my spirit yield

You alone are my heart's desire

And I long to worship Thee




You're my friend and you are my brother

Even though you are a king

I love you more than any other

So much more than anything




I want you more than gold or silver

Only you can satisfy

You alone are the real joy giver

And the apple of my eye.

~~A. Martin Nystrom





I have always liked this song, and been moved into a spirit of worship, when it's being played.


He is faithful and true to HIS part in this song.

I KNOW that He alone IS the real joy giver, And that He alone IS my strength and shield, but truthfully, my own selfishness, stubbornness, and yes... sometimes apathy, get in the way of me being the wonderfully yielded, adoring person portrayed in this song. I have to remember it's ok, i'm singing it, not hypocritically, like I've "arrived", but because it's what I desire to be.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails