Tuesday, June 9, 2009

~ Welcome ~


I'm so blessed to have Mother's Day, my birthday, and anniversary all in the Spring. I always receive so many pretty garden gifts! The little bicycle planter is from my dear friend, Shir.


Near the front walk, this barrel consists mainly of a beautiful color pot that Kate and Family gave me for my birthday. Dear little friend, Bonny, gave me the sweet hummingbird spike.



On the front porch: Sarah and Family, actually entrusted another lovely, fuschia to me for Mother's Day, even though I am notorious for killing them. (So far so good!)



This is one of my favorite roses; an Iceberg. It's a climber on the right side of the porch. I love it's fragrance!




A wild rose climber on the left side of the porch. I've made rose petal jelly from it's fragrant blossoms.
Now that you're here, have a seat on the porch swing, listen to it creak, close your eyes, and take time to smell the roses.




2 comments:

kate said...

I can almost smell all the blooms- love the smell out there, especially in the early morning. I miss that, now that we live in the city.
Beautiful!!
xoxo
kate

jesslea said...

I love your blog. Now I want to come down and sit on your porch swing and stay awhile.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails