Monday, May 18, 2009

Memories are Made of This?



Closed eyes, soaking up the warmth of the sun's rays. Mmmm, what is that fragrance? Peruse the surroundings; a flowery bower of white lilacs overhead. Odd, since lilacs are supposed to be....well...lilac. But there is something else strange, what is it? That smell reminds me of something, a memory from my childhood. As I close my eyes again and take in a deep breath, I dredge the recesses of my brain. Was it a favorite teacher's perfume? A lovely candle? I remember now! It's the same smell as those little deodorizer thingeys that people used to hang on the toilet rim. Eww, gross. (sound of adirondack chair being moved)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

testing. 1-2-3.
;)
Glad you took the leap!!
xoxo
~S

kate said...

Cute mom! And who doesn't lover the smell of toilet deodorizers...

Anonymous said...

when I see this chair, it is missing my two favorite people in it. I also am reminded of the times when I was there with you sharing memories and enjoying the peace and calm that surrounds your home and family. I always come away a better person. Love you, sherri

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails