Monday, June 29, 2009

Trash to treasures

We pulled out the paint sprayer, primer and paint this past week. Here are a couple of the indoor pieces we worked on. I love the "lace work" on the front of this:

This is a little vintage shelf i got last summer at Sarah's garage sale. It had a bit too much "shabby" (rust) to be left original. It's actually for in a bathroom, i think, but i like it in the kitchen for tea and my Whole Foods spices. i pick up one or two each time we go there, to replace some of the 30 year old ones in my cabinet!

For years i have insisted on keeping the living room TV in an old Georgia primitive armoire. It was a pain every time Jim had to work on any techy wiring stuff. My goal was to be able to hide it all away behind closed doors but alas....the doors seemed to ALWAYS be open anyway.

We got an old 80's fakey maple entertainment center off of Craigs, took off the top section, patched and filled holes, sanded, primed and painted. Removed the back plates from behind the knobs for a more up to date look, and added a strip of moulding across the bottom to cover the "colonial "cut out. I can't believe how much brighter and open this corner is now!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow! I like this so much better and I haven't even seen it in person yet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails