Monday, November 7, 2011

Good Eats

 We celebrated Jim's birthday with football, chili, cornbread, and Texas Sheet Cake.
 A Fall morning breakfast.  Love love love steel cut oats, and Costco has started carrying them now! YAY!
In the Fall and Winter, I sort of lose my desire for salads.  Today I made this Spinach with Roasted Veggie Salad, and we both reeeeeeally liked it.  I tossed quartered baby portobella mushrooms, sliced red bell peppers, and sliced wedges of sweet white onion, together with salt and pepper, and a couple of Tbs. Olive oil.  I roasted them in a 400 degree oven about 16 minutes.  Then I tossed them with Wishbone light balsalmic w/basil vinegarette.  Then I tossed in the spinach, dished up and garnished with olives and cheese.

2 comments:

Dot said...

Must try that salad. It looks positively scrumptious!

****** "M" said...

Thanks Dot! It was dee-lish. We're going to be fixing it often this winter, I think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails