Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Whole Enchilada

When I saw Anna pulling her leftover enchiladas out of the fridge and putting them in her lunch bag.....I got the craving. She is known at work for these, and when girls are leaving or having a birthday lunch, they request them. The recipe is on the can, but I'll put it here too.

Creamy Chicken and Chile Enchiladas

1 lb. uncooked chicken breast strips

1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, cut into cubes (I only had about 5-6 oz...was fine)

1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso chopped green chiles

12 Old El Paso flour tortillas for soft tacos (I used Archer Farms multigrain)

2 cans (10 oz) Old El Paso green chile enchilada sauce

3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used more...so does Anna, I think)



1. Heat oven to 400F. Spray a glass 13x9-inch with cooking spray.
2. In 10" nonstick skillet, cook chicken over med-high heat, stirring occasionally, til no longer pink in center. Stir in cream cheese and chiles; reduce to medium heat. Cook and stir until
blended and cream cheese is melted.
3. Spoon chicken filling onto tortillas; roll up and place seam sides down in pan. Pour enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or til hot and cheese is melted. Makes 12 enchiladas

oh my.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails