Sunday, March 28, 2010

I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie

When we were at Dot's, we made a peach pie.......
we ate it for breakfast.....
it was sooooooo good.......
i haven't been able to get it out of my brain.......





Do you believe in subliminal messages?

I went to the library:











Did you happen to pick up on a bit of a theme there?
I do make a fairly decent pie, and was seriously contemplating making one.


Enter: my pastry recipe

Dandelion Pie Crust
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. unsalted butter
3 Tbs. margarine ( i often use more butter)
1/4 c. ice water
Mix flour and salt together. Work in butter.
Add just enough of the water to draw into a dough.
Don't over work.
Makes 1 double crust pie
brush with milk, and sprinkle with sugar
Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or til browned and bubbly.
For a pre-baked shell, bake at 375F for 15 minutes. cool completely.
Is your mouth watering?
Mine was......
And then I read this.....


I had second thoughts.
I don't wish to become a balloon in the Thanksgiving Parade!





So.....







a little berries....
a little bananas....
a little yogurt....





A yummy smoothie.





Berries
minus
the
crust.

3 comments:

Bunny Jean said...

Oooh... but the crust is the BEST part!

I think pie and coffee sound pretty good for my breakfast...hee hee.

Can you tell that I'm on a diet and think alot about food?!

Talk to you soon ;)
Bunny Jean

Bunny Jean said...

p.s.

If your like me, I like to visit the bakery department. I just look and sniff. I find that I just like the way pretty desserts look.

That's why I love having my Faux Goodies on display in my house. I just posted about them...

Bunny Jean

kate said...

You're funny mom. :) Good job on the smoothie, sounds good, but PIE- mmmm. I have been wanting to make another since the one I made the other day. I sense a danger zone coming on...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails