Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy Pinterest Birthday, Sarah!

We took a birthday celebration lunch to Sarah's on Saturday. A crisp summer salad.
I made a slightly altered version of a potato casserole, she had pinned on Pinterest.

Another beer can chicken.

Sarah loves salty/sweet treats. She had pinned some buttery popcorn cupcakes which required popcorn flour. I made the flour, and the cupcakes, which TOTALLY flopped. They fell so bad, you could fit a second cupcake inside them. I think it was due to lots of butter, and not enough gluten. So......I pulled out a yellow cake mix, added the leftover 1/4th of the popcorn batter, and adjusted the amount of water, eggs, and less oil (used butter.) This was the result. The topping was a homemade caramel glaze, with a sea salt rim, buttercream frosting that includes some of the caramel glaze, and topped with caramel dipped buttered kettle popcorn. Sarah had pinned a gift card giving presentation that was a Starbucks cup, with brown paper, and white tissue. It was fun surprising her with it.
I'm so proud of how my little girl has grown into such a lovely woman, and wonderful mother to children of her own. She is an easy going, laid back, funny, resilient, creative, talented,wonderful friend.

2 comments:

kate said...

Yes, she IS. And so deserving of those wonderful birthday treats! Those cupcakes look like they belong on cupcake wars! I love it all, and I'm sure she did too. xoxo

Sarah said...

I DID love it! You made my b-day extra special! Thank you so much for all the effort & creativity you put into our afternoon together- I was blessed! Love you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails