Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Christmas Rush

No candles in the holders right now, but when there are and they are lit, the heat rises and turns the fan, which in turn, rotates the shepherds and their sheep, and makes the 3 kings and their camel, circle the Baby Jesus, Joseph, and Mary.


When we lived in Germany, I REALLY wanted one of these Christmas Pyramids. They were always too expensive for my budget, and there were always other higher priorities, so it was just one of those non-essentials that I would dream about each Christmas season. On a thrifting stop at the Teen Challenge Store this year, I found this one. (And on a 20% off everything in the store day...yay!) I was thrilled! I looked them up on-line and see that Christmas Pyramids have only gone UP in price as with everything else. I always wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas... oh the anticipation now!!! I think the kidlets are going to love it. (I also think I'd better remember to have my glasses on when trying to take photos..sorry for the blur.)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

How exciting for you!!

kate said...

Are you KIDDING!? You found that treasure at the thrift store?? I just saw some tiny ones of those at Home Goods and man were they pricey! What a score!
I am so looking forward to decorating for the holidays this year too! And the baking, all of it. Brings back good memories. xoxo

Apron Thrift Girl said...

What a great find! We have one of these and every year I look forward to bringing it out. It's become part of our tradition to light it for our Christmas meal. I'm so glad that you found such a lovely one.

a.M. said...

LOVE this! I found the candles for one of these at an estate sale....just waiting to get lucky like you and run across one as fabulous as yours. Hope you got a great deal!

Anonymous said...

I recently saw a handmade one at a thrift here and it was HUGE. I talked myself out of it saying the cats would be playing in and out of the building portion.

Kits Chow said...

Lucky you! I always wanted one too and never bought one for the same reason.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails