Sunday, January 24, 2010

Living Lovely Desk Challenge

After browsing some favorite blogs, I noticed that Heidi had a desk cleaning challenge this past week. How very serendipitous! That's what I've been up to. This old Craig's list desk was not working out as great as we would like.....as in..... it was falling apart. It was too bulky for the area, and just "not me".




Some time ago, I had fallen in love with a sawhorse style desk that I saw in...Pottery Barn, I think. So decided this was a good time to go for it. Built these 2 sawhorses, and used the desk surface from the old falling apart one. Now just have to sand and stain the works to match. So far, I'm loving the feeling of it.

This is just a sneak peek at what has been happening in our library/office. If you remember; This was the room of focus for January. More reveal to come!

4 comments:

Dot said...

When you set your mind to something, you can certainly deliver! The desk looks great!

Katie said...

Looks great! I'm impressed! Have you ever seen the Knock off Wood blog? If not, you should check it out.

****** "M" said...

Katie, yes I have, and after researching a lot of sawhorse plans on the web; ended up using hers, actually. I'm going to be doing an "in living color" post when mine is completely finished, (and will do her plan justice) linking to her. She has done some great projects!

kate said...

It looks great Mom! Can't wait to see it in person. I love the style- takes up so much less visual space.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails