Sunday, July 5, 2009

AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL

Some of my favorite sights on the 4th of July....(not counting favorite people and Aunt Selma's rhubarb custard pie at family reunion...or my fireworks pix, which did not turn out....going to have to study up on that technique.)








It reminded of my favorite patriotic song as a little girl......

O beautiful for spacious skies,

For amber waves of grain,


For purple mountains majesties,
Above the fruited plain!

America! America!

God shed His grace on thee.

And crown thy good with brotherhood,

From sea


to shining sea

When I was a girl, I was taught that it was important to not just concentrate on external appearance, but that what was important was the heart; the character and integrity of a person. I think that's important for a nation as well.

2 Chronicles 7:14 (New King James Version) if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

1 comment:

kate said...

What a beautiful and poignant post mom.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails