Saturday, July 11, 2009

Deepwood


I've had a love for hydrangeas since I was a little girl. My grandparents had large bushes of blue ones around their house. Grandpa talked about burying cans of old rusty nails under them, to turn them color.


When my middle daughter got married, we rounded up ......begged, borrowed? (no, not stole! )bunches of them for the bridesmaids bouquets.


Several years ago, I saw a beautiful bush of white blooms at the Deepwood Estates gardens, and thought one would be nice next to my climbing iceberg rose. After planting one of my own,it took awhile to get established, but now is full of blooms. I love the gardens at Deepwood....and the irony of the former owner's name is kind of funny too! I have an Uncle Clifford who used to be married to a woman named Alice. strange!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails