Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Clear Lake

No, this is not a beautiful tropical lagoon. It is however, the most beautiful water I have ever seen. To think, that this piece of heaven has been only a little over an hour from home all this time, and I didn't know it.......astounding.



Since it was midday; there really weren't any shady areas on the water around the lake, so we opted out on renting a boat. We instead, hiked until we found a nice quiet little shady cove on shore to relax in.

We spread out our quilt, pulled out our cold drinks and snacks, and kicked back.


TIME FOR REFLECTING



Mother may I go out to swim,?
Yes my darling daughter,
Hang your clothes on a hickory limb,
But don't go near the water.

After sitting on the bank for awhile, I had been hearing people diving and swimming and enjoying themselves on the other side of the trees and shrubbery next to us. Hmmm, I thought, maybe the water wasn't as cold as I thought. Perhaps a little wading is in order.......
OH MY LANDS! Eeeek! My feet were so red when I got out. That water was liquid ice.
I sat down to dry off and couldn't believe those people's ironman endurance!
And then I caught a glimse of reality, when this guy's friends went trekking up the hill, in their matching outfits............




COMPLETE WITH GLOVES!





Again, I say: IS THIS NOT BEAUTIFUL?!
After leaving the lake, we stopped by several water falls.

The first was Sahalie:

I've never seen one with so much volume and brute force!



Koosah was a beauty too.

It was a wonderful time of relaxing, refreshing and rejuvenation.
Perfect.
Necessary.
One never knows when the upcoming week is going to include a little person chucking crayons.... in the toaster.
or
unraveling a couple of rows on a crocheted afghan in progress,
or
falling down a whole flight of stairs.
*
*
*
*
That was just today,
between 4 and 7 pm.
Maybe it's time to go back?

2 comments:

jesslea said...

looks like a perfect, serene getaway. I really enjoy your posts...they're so refreshing and inspiring (i don't care if that sounds corny). love you!

Sarah said...

the hours between 4-7 sound quite harrowing...I'm glad you've survived to tell the tale.er.tales. Yikes.
Clear Lake is gorgeous!!
xoxo
S

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails