Thursday, November 19, 2009


Happy Birthday, dear Mama, Happy Birthday to youWe've all met those people who attribute their faults and failures to their childhood. This lady had many trials in her growing up years, and used them to her advantage. It made her determined to have a safe, warm, loving home environment for her family. It gave her a heart of compassion, and wisdom. It made her a person that people, (even total strangers) feel safe with, and before they know it; they have poured out their hearts and lives to her. She's a wonderful listener.
When I was a little girl, I was so proud of my Mama. I thought she was so pretty, and I noticed how other girls admired her too. But when I was in Jr. High; my Mama became a Christian. The Lord made her even more beautiful as she opened her heart to Him and allowed Him to transform her into all that He created her to be. It's been amazing and lovely to watch.
Happy Birthday dear Mama, Happy Birthday to YOU!

2 comments:

Tamera said...

So sweet!

kate said...

This is so beautiful, and so so true! Nana is such a warm, welcoming and loving person. I could never imagine anyone not feeling accepted and comfortable with her right away. And, she turned out some pretty amazing daughters as well. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails