Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Oh my, Miss Marple


Have you ever watched movies or read books with an accent or vernacular different from your own, and had it get in your head? Lately, I've been watching lots of British films/BBC TV programs. Jim is not a fan, but I love them. Hmmmm, Well now, that's just not quite right now, is it? You'd think he would; he's been reading books by an author who frequently uses the term "octagenarian", and Miss Marple fits that term perfectly. But as they say "don't let the knitting needles fool you!." In addition to that lovely pink mohair yarn, she's working with; She's quite the sleuth. I love her sensible, quiet ways, and her quirky, mishapen, felt gardening hat, support hose and old lady, tied, high heeled shoes. I love her quick wit, and analytical mind. Hmmm, well yes that's just as how it should be, isn't it? Hmmm, yes, .......quite.

1 comment:

kate said...

I've read all the Agatha Christie books- I love them- you do get lost in that quaint other world. I like Hercule Poirot too. She draws her characters so clearly, and with these funny, realistic and yet whimsical quirks...fun reading.
I've never seen the shows though, will have to check that out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails