Friday, October 1, 2010

Gravenstein Apple Socks

All of the variegated stripes and colors when we were peeling apples, reminded me of my favorite socks. They were the first pair I ever knitted for myself. The colors are soft and mellow. They fit better than any pair I have knitted since.
I wore them in my surgery, and to each of my chemo treatments.

I'm not superstitious, so they were not a good luck thing; just cozy and comforting. You'll be happy to know that, unlike sports figures... (Remember in a League of Their Own?); I actually wash mine in between wearings! They just get more soft and comfy each time. They don't make this yarn anymore, so they're irreplacable. Guess I'll have to make a pair of Braeburns or Granny Smiths instead.

1 comment:

kate said...

Oh how I love you Mama.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails