Sunday, August 9, 2009

Smile?

DON'T SMILE!













This series of pictures reminded me of a book I recently checked out from our new library. In The Creative Family, Amanda Blake Soule writes about parlor games such as Don't Smile.
She also discusses the importance of teaching gratitude in our families. That's something we've been working on at our house. I'm going to take this opportunity to practice what I preach.
Name 10:
  1. I'm grateful for a husband who has a tender heart.
  2. I'm grateful for a comfortable home.
  3. I'm grateful for caring daughters and "sons".
  4. I'm grateful for smart, funny, sweet grandchildren.
  5. I'm grateful for living in the country.
  6. I'm grateful for good water.
  7. I'm grateful for fresh air.
  8. I'm grateful for healing of my cousin Becca.
  9. I'm grateful for good books.
  10. I'm grateful for God's Word.
  11. I'm grateful for the grace of God.
  12. I'm grateful for music.

#13...like a baker's dozen, I'll throw in an extra....I'm grateful for the chance to enter your home and life, and share mine with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im grateful for God's mercy and grace also. How I wished all the world could just accept His Son Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and also know that there is no love that is greater or even equal to the love that God has shown us. I always rejoice when I see someone express' their love for God. You really are blessed. chris

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails