Friday, March 2, 2012

Thursday in the Kitchen

Yesterday, I was in a baking mood.  I made some healthy blueberry yogurt oatmeat muffins. There were leftover potatoes and potato water in the fridge, so I made some cinnamon raisin bread for morning toast, and 2 loaves of italian bread to go with lasagne. When I was a girl, Mom made spaghetti fairly often, but we never had lasagne.  There was a picture of lasagne in the BH&G cookbook, that looked so perfect, I always wanted it.  The first time I finally had it, was in highschool, at a friend's house.  It was really good, but what I (and my family) remember about that meal, was that my friend's dad made some rude comment, and her mom sternly said "we've gone this many years without bringing sex to the dinner table, we/re not starting now."   When I was first married, I started making lasagne, for us.  When I came home from the hospital, after having Anna-Lisa, our upstairs neighbor brought a wonderful lasagne dinner to us.  They had lived in Italy for several years, and she had gotten the recipe from her landlady....Mama Brunella.  It was the first time I had a spinach with bechamel lasagne with bolognes sauce.  Love love love.  I got the recipe from her.  I couldn't find it yesterday, so just winged it from memory.  Yum, Mama Mia!  Bellisimo!
(We'll just blame my sprained arms from lifting it out of the oven, on the cast iron Le Creuset lasagne pan and not on the weight of the contents..... right?)

1 comment:

kate said...

Uh, YUM!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails